SubjectRe: The naming wars continue...

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:35:18PM -0500, Matt Mackall wrote:
> Actually just the opposite. It's more about Godel and Whitehead than
> Feynmann in my interpretation.

"The notion of a perfectly modellable world is dead" and branding a
field with the sins of those who misapplied it is not difficult to
understand. Worse yet, it's even arguable that even the idealizations
were done in full cognizance of their limited validity. Whatever else
you're reading into it is not there. I suppose in this and the instance
of some religiously-oriented .sig's there is little or no recourse.

-- wli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.191 / U:0.116 seconds]