SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout
El Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:02:48 -0600 "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@drdos.com>
escribió:

> Agreed. I will do so. I think SCO just wants their stuff our of Linux.
> We should accomodate them.
> Who wants to use this stuff besides IBM anyway.

This is a problem between IBM and SCO, not between the kernel community
and SCO. So let the justice decide if SCO is right or not, and if SCO
claims are valid IBM probably will take the code out, or fix the problems
in some way.

SCO has failed to provide evidences of their claims (no, people don't believe
you) so there's not point in removing a single line of code until that
happens. A "list of files Darl says you should remove" will be ignored
because that's not a proof. I could claim I own all the code under lib/,
but obviously nobody would listen me if I don't prove something, which is
the main problem SCO seem to have...from the numbers I read from the news
SCO claims don't seem to be harming the linux market either, so who cares?

Redhat/Novell are free to remove/modify whatever code they want, just in
the same way redhat don't enables NTFS support or provide mp3 players by
default.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.096 / U:0.060 seconds]