SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8

* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de> wrote:

> I fully agree with everything in your mail so far. What annoyed me is
> some people advocating their changes under the false pretense that
> existing use was broken, which it isn't.

yeah, and i have to say that such advocacy mostly comes from the natural
desire to solve those _other_ problems that non-standard locking designs
have with Linux mutexes. But those problems are that of the other trees
alone, not upstream's :) Suggesting that those problems are in any way
upstream's problem, even if well-intentioned, can be quite offensive.

> completions _do_ make cleaner code for the intended case. But your
> writing above is very clear and already explains that very well.
>
> Lets put the issue to rest and get back to more productive work!

/me rejoices :)

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.946 / U:0.368 seconds]