    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-U10.2
    On Friday 22 October 2004 13:56, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >i have released the -U10.2 Real-Time Preemption patch, which can be
    >downloaded from:
    >this is a fixes-only release.
    >Changes since -U10:
    > - fixed a big bug present ever since: the BKL got dropped when a
    > spinlock-mutex was acquired and it scheduled away. This reduced
    > the locking efficiency of the BKL. A number of outstanding problems
    > could be affected, in particular this should fix the tty locking
    > breakage reported by Alexander Batyrshin and Adam Heath. UP and SMP
    > systems are affected too, with SMP systems having a higher chance
    > to trigger this condition.
    > - tulip.c breakage fix from Thomas Gleixner
    > - tg3 and 3c59x fixes.
    > - made the hardirq threads SCHED_FIFO by default. They get
    > priorities between 25 and 50, depending on the irq #. (this is
    > pretty random but i found no better scheme.) Made the softirq
    > thread SCHED_FIFO by default as well, albeit this probably will
    > have to change. These changes should make it easier to debug a hung
    > system.
    >to create a -U10.2 tree from scratch, the patching order is:
    > +
    >6.9-mm1/2.6.9-mm1.bz2 +

    Mmm, I get a 404 page not found. when I click on on thsi link.

    > Ingo
    >To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
    > linux-kernel" in the body of a message to
    >More majordomo info at
    >Please read the FAQ at

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.28% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attorneys please note, additions to this message
    by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.026 / U:4.204 seconds]