SubjectRe: HARDWARE: Open-Source-Friendly Graphics Cards -- Viable?
Timothy Miller wrote:
> Ok, let me say this: I will not change something I don't have to
> change, but I'm not going to be held back (and hold everyone else back)
> by some mistake I made in the past.

Oh, I do agree w/ this.

But if the OS<->hardware interface is kept simple (e.g. simple DMA ring
of items to execute, or just xfer to video RAM, and perhaps another
response msg ring) then the impact of any design changes you -do- make
are mitigated, and the OS driver is kept small and simple as well.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans