    SubjectBUG_ONs in signal.c?
    Date
    I recently saw a bug where someone hit the BUG_ON in signal.c after the
    do_coredump code (in my kernel "kernel BUG at signal.c:1614"). After looking
    at it a bit, it seems that we drop the sighand lock prior to calling into the
    core dump routine, which leaves the task vulnerable to having it's group_exit
    or group_exit_code changed either during the coredump or shortly after,
    causing one of the BUG_ONs to trip (in this particular case it was the
    group_exit_code != code check). Are these BUG_ON checks necessary anymore?
    Or should we be holding the sighand lock all the way until we call do_exit or
    do_group_exit? Or something else?

    Thanks,
    Jesse

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:4.635 / U:0.052 seconds]