    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8

    * Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:

    > One of the signs that there's real trouble in here can be seen on
    > the following complete dmesg output (which was even a miracle to be
    > captured at all). This shows the complete bootstrap and init sequences
    > and at the end one fatal crash while plugging an USB flash memory
    > stick (usb-storage). This has been already reported earlier yesterday,
    > but I just want to make it here, as the evidence-at-hand.
    >
    > After this precise occurence, the system becomes very flaky,
    > unreliable and often ends up freezing to death.

    for the sake of testing could you disable CONFIG_USB and see whether the
    instability is truly directly related to the USB crash, as you suspect?
    Such a kernel crash can often destabilize other parts of the kernel.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:2.103 / U:0.324 seconds]