    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8

    * <> wrote:

    > >do you have PREEMPT_REALTIME enabled? The above trace is a direct
    > >interrupt - only the timer interrupt is allowed to execute directly in
    > >the PREEMPT_REALTIME model - things break badly if it happens for any
    > >other interrupt (such as the soundcard IRQ).
    > Yes I have PREEMPT_REALTIME enabled.
    > The thing that comes to mind is I do have a script that does
    > echo 0 > '/proc/irq/10/Esoniq AudioPCI/threaded
    > as part of ensuring the all the preemption stuff was set right. I may
    > have run that script prior to getting those messages. I thought you
    > said before that the non threaded IRQ stuff was disabled. Perhaps this
    > interface needs to be disabled as well [unless you really decide to
    > fix this limitation...].

    argh, there was a typo in that change so the 'threaded' flags werent
    really disabled. So i ended up only disabling the global hardirq_preempt
    flag but not the per-handler 'threaded' flags. Ouch!

    I've uploaded the -U9.1 patch that has the fix, does it work any better
    than previous kernels?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.023 / U:6.772 seconds]