SubjectRe: Delete drivers/pci/syscall.c?
> w X may work only on single-domain setups, or on setups where
> the video card has a unique address when ignoring the domnain number.
> That's pretty much all of the affected machines, so no, I don't think we
> can/should remove it.
>
> Will X eventually learn about multiple domains? Maybe.

can we do something to at least try to avoid other (new) architectures
picking up these syscalls even when we can't fix the existing ones?
Or can we do like a once-per-boot printk to mark then deprecated now so
that eventually we can remove them, and that application writers realize
they are deprecated and wont use them for new code ?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.039 / U:2.192 seconds]