Subjectvsftpd and ssl: causing timeout and reconnect messages
I've set up vsftpd with ftps support (ftp over ssl) on a computer
(linux-2.6.8.1) in my dmz. The bastion is running netfilter. My users
are experiencing timeouts and reconnects all the time. When I turn off
ssl support this does not happen. This happends in both active and
passive modes.

The user is eventually able to transfer the file by reconnecting and
resuming the file.

A user using lftp reported this error message:

get: Fatal error: SSL read: wrong version number

, but he was still able to transfer the file by reconnecting and
resuming.

All I get in my logs is:

421 Data timeout. Reconnect. Sorry.

Is this a known problem with vsftpd?. I'd like to know if this is only
a problem with me. Are there anyone who is using vsftpd with ssl
support running flawlessly?.

Esben

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@esben-stien.name