    SubjectRe: Generic VESA framebuffer driver and Video card BOOT?

    > I am writing this email to guage the interest in having code contributed
    > to the main stream Linux kernel that would support the user of a generic,
    > full featured VESA framebuffer driver that works on any CPU architecture
    > along with a generic Video card BOOT or POST mechanism.

    BTW, does this look like right way to POST VGA BIOS from real mode? It
    is what we currently use... and it works on some machines...

    movw $0xb800, %ax
    movw %ax,%fs
    movw $0x0e00 + 'L', %fs:(0x10)

    # setup data segment
    movw %cs, %ax
    movw %ax, %ds # Make ds:0 point to wakeup_start
    movw %ax, %ss
    mov $(wakeup_stack - wakeup_code), %sp # Private stack is needed for ASUS board
    movw $0x0e00 + 'S', %fs:(0x12)

    pushl $0 # Kill any dangerous flags

    movl real_magic - wakeup_code, %eax
    cmpl $0x12345678, %eax
    jne bogus_real_magic

    testl $1, video_flags - wakeup_code
    jz 1f
    lcall $0xc000,$3
    movw %cs, %ax
    movw %ax, %ds # Bios might have played with that
    movw %ax, %ss

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.036 / U:3.344 seconds]