SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U6
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:
>

>>OK. After some incremental configurations, I've isolated that those
>>oops(es) only occurs if PREEMPT_TIMING and/or LATENCY_TRACE areset
>>(Y). My first suspect was that newest RWSEM_DEADLOCK_DETECT, but it
>>wasn't the case.
>>
>>So something has broken on that non-preemptible critical section
>>timing stuff since U4.
>>
>>Hasn't anybody else stumbled on this?
>

> i'm using it myself and havent seen the problem yet. Could you send me
> the latest .configs, the working and the broken one too? I'll try to
> reprodue it (or maybe someone else with a serial console sees it too).
>
> Ingo

I am seeing something similar here with both U5 and U6 on both of my SMP
systems (actually I haven't gotten to try U6 on my SMP system at home
yet.) On my SMP system here (dual Xeon) I get a handful of traces during
the boot and then the last thing I see is a trace that has something to
do with parport, but the key MIGHT be that it always seems to crap out
when I get traces for 3-level deep critical section nesting. I will try
to capture the trace the old-fashioned way when I get a chance shortly.

I do have U5 booted on my UP system at home though.

kr

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.399 / U:1.764 seconds]