    SubjectRe: Building on case-insensitive systems
    On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 01:43:56AM -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:

    > > You are betting that you can force developers to switch away
    > > from Windows and MacOSX workstations.
    > Actually, I'm betting that "required to build product"
    > is a magic phrase that overrides corporate IT's desire
    > to brutally enforce a Microsoft-only environment.

    Seems you are not part of one of these organisations.
    That argument will not suffice.

    Try to estimate the cost associated with the shift:
    - Training
    - Less efficiency in a period
    - Missing important tools so a terminal service is needed
    - etc.

    The valid solution here would be to deploy a Linux server.
    But then your arguments suffer compared to other OS'es where
    everything is running on the users current host - why have
    the hassle with a Linux server.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.020 / U:40.812 seconds]