SubjectRe: UDP recvmsg blocks after select(), 2.6 bug?
Date
From: "Lars Marowsky-Bree" <lmb@suse.de>
>> [ snip ]
>>
>> Also note the examples that Stevens gives. For instance, he explicitly
>> checks for EWOULDBLOCK after a read on a nonblocking fd that has been
>> reported readable by select().
>
> The specs don't disagree with that. On a O_NONBLOCK socket, that is
> allowed.

No, it isn't. select() may not behave differently based on the O_NONBLOCK
flag at the moment of the select() call. And if a call to recvmsg() with O_NONBLOCK
cleared doesn't block and since it can't return EAGAIN, then I don't think a recvmsg()
call with O_NONBLOCK set should return EAGAIN where something like
EIO should have been returned otherwise.

--ms

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans