SubjectRe: Running user processes in kernel mode; Java and .NET support in kernel
On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 00:11, Simon Kissane wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some ideas, which I think:
> - Wouldn't be too hard to implement,
> - And would give Linux a distinctive advantage over competing
> platforms such as Solaris or Windows, when executing Java or .NET code

Last time I checked Java code still ran a lot slower than the native
equivalent. If you are trying to speed up your Java apps then improving
the JVM would be a much better use of your time.

The kernel is just another program, the same code will run just as fast
in kernel mode as in user mode.