SubjectTasklet usage?
My driver needs to spend a lot of time inside the interrupt handler
(draining a FIFO). I suspect this might cause problems blocking other
interrupt handlers so I was thinking about moving this into a tasklet.
Not being to familiar with tasklets, a few questions pop up.

* Will a tasklet scheduled from the interrupt handler be executed as
soon as interrupt handling is done?
* Can tasklets be preempted?
* If a tasklet gets scheduled while running, will it be executed once
more? (Needed if I get another FIFO interrupt while the tasklet is just
exiting).

The FIFO is a bit small so time is of the essence. That's why this
routine is in the interrupt handler to begin with.

Rgds
Pierre Ossman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.043 / U:0.904 seconds]