SubjectRe: Clock inaccuracy seen on NVIDIA nForce2 systems.
> The system is running 2.6.9-rc4 and has been up for 2 days. I'm showing
> an offset of -32 seconds and growing.

As it has been said, this could be due to just a
poor quality crystal. In addition, non temperature-
controlled crystals are far more efficient as
thermometers than as oscillators, as frequency is
directly and more than significantly depending on
crystal temperature.

Now if you think there is a real software issue
behind your observations, it wont be that easy to
distinguish between crystal and soft contributions,
unless the specifications of the crystal used on
those boards are far better than the drifts you
observed.

If the specs are of the same order, I think reliable
conclusions can only arise from tests issued on the
same physical hardware.

-- Francois Meyer

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.020 / U:0.228 seconds]