SubjectRe: NUMA: Patch for node based swapping
Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Rik van Riel wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Christoph Lameter wrote:
>>

>>>Any other suggestions?
>>
>>Since this is meant as a stop gap patch, waiting for a real
>>solution, and is only relevant for big (and rare) systems,
>>it would be an idea to at least leave it off by default.
>>
>>I think it would be safe to assume that a $100k system has
>>a system administrator looking after it, while a $5k AMD64
>>whitebox might not have somebody watching its performance.
>

> Ok. Will do that then. Should I submit the patch to Andrew?

I can't see the harm in sending it after 2.6.9 if it defaults
to off (maybe also make it CONFIG_NUMA).

OTOH, if it is going to be painful to remove later on, then
maybe leave it local to your tree.

It's true that I have something a bit more sophisticated in
the pipe, but it is going to be an uphill battle to get it
and everything it depends on merged - so don't count on it for
2.6.10 :P

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.061 / U:12.660 seconds]