SubjectRe: swsusp freezes (fwd)

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Rajsekar wrote:

> I am using 2.6.8-rc4-mm1 kernel at my home. When I try to swap suspend
> (either using swsusp or pmdisk) it figures out how much memory is required
> and all and then sometimes freezes giving a backtrace. I am interested in
> debugging this problem. Can someone tell me the basic things required
> (softwares and some docs if any) to debug such kernel codes. This is my
> first venture into debugging kernel codes, so I am very much a newbie.

You could start by reading Documentation/BUG-HUNTING and
Documentation/oops-tracing.txt

Also, you could post the Oops to the list so other people can take a look
at it. Including info on your hardware, kernel version etc is often
useful. Take a look at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html for details
on what it is usually a good idea to provide (also take a look at the
other documents linked from that page).

--
Jesper Juhl

PS. That obfuscation of your email address is pretty annoying. Besides,
once there has been a single reply to you and the list with the edited
address it's no longer useful to prevent spam, so it's a pretty pointless
thing to do in the first place.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.040 / U:0.980 seconds]