SubjectRe: Kernel stack
Hi,
The problem is each process does not have a TSS of its own.Only one
TSSper processor is present and the process dependant features (Like
esp) are stored
in another structure( struct thread_struct ).A kernel stack of size 8k
(By default)
is actully shared by processes running on a processor. There is a func named
load_tss (or something similiar) which loads the TSS from the
thread_struct structure during task switch .

A Process does not have an SS entry in its thread_struct but only an
esp (and esp0) entry. This made me believe that the stack base is the
same.
Correct me

Regards