    SubjectRe: [Ext-rt-dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 2.6 Real Time Kernel
    On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 19:17, Adam Heath wrote:
    > This is because companies and inviduals still think that developing things
    > privately is the correct way to go. Doing things this way will leave
    > open the possibility that someone else will do the same bit of work, and
    > the final output will clash.
    >
    > Remember, release early, release often.

    Except that none of the parties involved claim to have solved all the
    priority inheritance issues etc. "Releasing early" if it doesn't work
    yet just makes you look bad. There are perfectly valid reasons to do
    kernel development privately. MontaVista was doing just that and they
    saw that some of their work may be duplicated so they released it. I
    don't see how this conflicts with the open source development process at
    all.

    Lee

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.023 / U:60.384 seconds]