SubjectRe: [Announce] "iswraid" (ICH5R/ICH6R ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.28-pre3
On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 01:50:13AM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 19:36:13 -0400, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:
> >

> > Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> > > Quoting Marcelo:

> > > IMHO both conditions are fulfilled.
> >

> > Note I said "subsystem", Marcelo said "driver". I don't object to
> > adding DM to 2.4.x, but I think it's a rather large addition with
> > consequences WRT LVM1 versus LVM2, and perhaps other issues as well.
>
> I agree but merging iswraid into 2.4 can be compared to adding
> new IDE host driver for SATA controller while libata is available.
> I hope you get the idea. ;)

Yeah but this is quite different.

We already have device mapper "like" functionality in v2.4 with RAID/LVM.

I dont think that mergin device mapper is an option really, not in my opinion.

It seems the general consensus is to merge iswraid, so I'm fine with it.

Martins, we are approaching -rc stage, I would prefer the merge to happen
at the beginning of 2.4.29-pre. Is that fine for you?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.056 / U:0.336 seconds]