SubjectRe: [patch] inotify: make user visible types portable
Paul Jackson wrote:
> Robert wrote:
>>The structure needs to be used exactly the same between the kernel and
>>the user. We both agree to that, right? It is user visible.
> Certainly the ABI, yes. These stubborn beasts called computers that we
> labour over just won't work otherwise.
> I'd have no objections to the user header spelling "__u32" where the
> kernel header spelled "u32".

I believe there is a long-term goal to separate out the userspace-visible part
of the kernel headers into a separate header area, and include them into the kernel.

Even without that, the headers are periodically extracted and cleaned up. Why
make that job harder than it needs to be?