SubjectRe: kernel 2.6.1 synaptics problems tapping and tap'n'drag

You just have to pass "proto=imps" to the kernel...

Mind Booster Noori

- --
Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori
/"\ http://student.dei.uc.pt/~marado
\ / marado@student.dei.uc.pt
X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/ \ against HTML e-mail and Micro$oft attachments

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jon Westgate wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I run 2.6.1
> I get mouse problems that I didn't get with 2.6.0
> I'm running a compaq m300 (600MHz PIII) with a synaptics touch pad.
>
> In 2.6.0 there was an option to include or not include support for the
> synaptics touchpad (I found that my touchpad worked just fine with that
> option unchecked) in 2.6.1 that option is nolonger there.
>
> In 2.6.1 I find that the operation of the mouse is very erratic its
> almost impossible to take your finger off the pad without the cursor
> moving, Tapping doesn't work, The pad seems very accelerated (ie you
> drag your finger a short distance and the cursor is at the other side of
> the screen before you know it), Lastly if you dragged your finger to the
> edge of the pad it used to continue on smoothly. This no longer works.
>
> My question is:
> Is there a command line or append option I can put in lilo.conf to
> prevent the synaptics driver from trying to reprogram my touchpad? I
> quite like its default behavior. There is definatly something trying to
> reprogram it as I have to turn off my laptop for it's behavior to return
> to normal. Even if I reset it still needs a power cycle to fix it.
> dmesg says my touchpad is this:
> input: PS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio4
>
> I'm not running any special drivers or settings in XF86Config
> I just have /dev/input/mice setup with protocol set as ImPS/2
>
> Regards
> Jon Westgate
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.057 / U:0.884 seconds]