    SubjectRe: [RFC] Relaxed PIO read vs. DMA write ordering
    Hi Jesse,

    > > BTW, Jesse, did you look at part II of Documentation/DMA-ABI.txt?
    > I remember seeing discussion of the new API, but haven't read that doc
    > yet. Since most drivers still use the pci_* API, we'd have to add a
    > call there, but we may as well make the two APIs as similar as possible
    > right?

    And there are reasons for drivers still using the pci_* API. In tms380tr,
    i support both PCI and ISA cards. The pci_* API supports mapping ISA cards
    for bus master DMA by passing a NULL for pdev. The new API still fails
    because of the BUG_ON(dev->bus != &pci_bus_type). Unfortunately, on 64 bit
    platforms like Alpha, the mapping is required to set up the IOMMU.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.018 / U:92.588 seconds]