    Subjectblockfile access patterns logging

    For some time I've wanted to log exactly what linux is reading and writing
    from my harddisk - for a variety of reasons. The current reason is that my
    very idle laptop writes to disk every once in a while (or reads, I don't

    Now, conceptually this should not be very hard, but I'd like to ask your
    thoughts on where I might insert some crude logging? There are lots of
    places that might be better or worse for some reason.

    I'd love to be as close to the physical block device as possible, short of
    rewriting actual IDE drivers.

    Any tips? Or is this idea crazy?

    -- Open source, database driven DNS Software Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.029 / U:7.280 seconds]