    SubjectRe: Blank Screen in 2.6.0

    > The good news is that I no longer get just a black screen at boot.

    > The bad news is that it still doesn't work quite right.

    I expected that. Newer Nvidia cards are not properly supported.

    > No matter what mode I try to boot in I always get the same, and it's as if
    > the image is drawn only on every second scanline. One result of this is
    > that I can only visually see approximately the top half of what I'm
    > supposed to see - like, if I type in something in the shell, then I have
    > to press enter several times untill enough lines have passed for the text
    > to reach the top of the screen and thus is actually visible. Another
    > result of this is ofcourse that what I /can/ see doesn't look very good.

    Sounds like a double scan issue. As for it always going to 640x480 that is
    a bug in the driver which is also in the 2.4.X tree.

    > Also, after starting X (using the "nv" driver, not a fb X server) - if I
    > switch back to a text console then the screen is completely garbled - I
    > can switch back to X just fine though.

    Try using the UseFBDev flag for teh X server. That usually helps.

    > rejects, but I tried building it anyway - it wouldn't compile. So I went
    > back to a clean 2.6.0 to which the patch applied flawlessly.

    Yeah I made the patch against 2.6.0. I will update it soon.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:3.036 seconds]