SubjectRe: bad scancode for USB keyboard
Fredrik Olausson wrote:

(I've re-posted to lkml in case someone else finds it useful)

> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>> I have a USB keyboard (Logitech Internet Navigator).
>> This keyboard has two "backslash + bar" keys, one of which
>> is located next to the RETURN key.
>>
>> The backslash key always worked fine in 2.4.x, but in 2.6.x
>> and 2.6.0, the scancode reported by showkey is "84", which is
>> usually associated with the "Prevconsole" function in most
>> keymaps.
>>
>> Editing the keymap fixes the problem, but of course this must
>> be a bug in the kernel driver. I compared the 2.4.23 version
>> of kbdmap.c with 2.6.0, but didn't find any obvious reason for
>> this difference.
>
> I have the same problem with a Logitech cordless desktop.
> I can easily change the keycode to generate the right characters when in
> console-mode, but XFree gives that key and the Print Screen key the same
> keycode.
> After changing the xmodmap I can get the unmodified character,
> but modifiers doesn't work, it just gives me the same character not
> matter what modifier I use (shift, alt, alt_gr etc.)

I had fixed my console keymap too, but I've not been able to
figure out how to change the X keymap. I've been looking in
the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/ directory, but perhaps XKB is not
being used for old-style keyboard mapping?

Could you provide detailed instructions? C coding with missing
backslash and bar keys is quite hard :-)

Of course, I still thing its' a 2.6 kernel bug and it should be
fixed. Vojtech, do you have an idea why it's happening?

\X/ http://www.develer.com/