    SubjectRe: problem booting aic7xxx-old with reiserfs
    > I tried the new driver again, and there were no thousand lines.
    > However, I did get error messages:
    > scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.35
    > <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter>
    > aic7880: Ultra Single Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/253 SCBs
    > scsi0:A:0:0: DV failed to configure device. Please file a bug report
    > against this driver.

    This means that Domain Validation was unable to probe the your Quantum
    Fireball correctly. For me to understand why, you need to compile
    the driver with debugging enabled and the debug mask set to 0x3F.
    Both of these settings can be performed via the standard kernel
    configuration tools. Just boot with those settings and send me the
    complete boot output. You may need to increase the size of your dmesg
    buffer for all of the output to be recorded.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.018 / U:30.700 seconds]