SubjectRe: PATCH to access old-style FAT fs
Hi,

I have attached a newer, better behaving version of my patch:
* Implements new mount option oldfat for FAT-derived filesystems.
* Stops scanning dirs when DIR_Name[0] = 0 when oldfat is set
* Writes a 0 to the next entry DIR_Name[0] when overwriting an entry
which has DIR_Name[0] = 0 when oldfat is set

It has been tested with both msdos and vfat filesystems and seems to
work well (unlike the patch of a few days ago, which had some issues).

Once you get around to cleaning up the code and making the
stop-scanning-dirs-on-zero the default way, the patch can be shrunken to
include only the third item.

> The above should "goto EODir;". Likewise, another "contiure" of
> fat_search_long().

I am not convinced that the goto is always safe, and I am pretty sure
that it works now (though not as efficient as possible, perhaps), so I
have left that in place for now.

> mark_inode_dirty(dir) is not needed, instead of it we should do
> mark_buffer_dirty(bh).
>
> And this fat_get_entry() updates bh and de, but it should be point to
> allocated bh and de, not free entry. It's needed by msdos_add_entry().

Both are now implemented using the new fat_write_zero_entry function.

Thanks for your help,
Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl> PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol
Defenestration n. (formal or joc.):

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.185 / U:0.748 seconds]