SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH, 1/4] readX_check() performance evaluation

Andi> Seriously you can count it somewhere and present it in sysfs
Andi> or /proc. Or log it somewhere else and supply a special
Andi> utility to show them that makes it clear that the events are
Andi> hardware and not software related. I suppose if your server
Andi> vendor is serious they will supply a tool to read the firmware
Andi> log from a running system.

Andi> But printks enabled by default are a bad idea (and a bug too
Andi> BTW - printk called from MCE handlers can randomly deadlock)

No argument here. I didn't get/see the earlier part of this
discussion so I didn't realize you were complaining about printks
only. Never mind.

--david

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans