SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH, 2/4] readX_check() performance evaluation
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:20:03 +0000
Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org> wrote:

> If there are, Linus' interface is probably the best one. If not, we could
> simply have readX_check() / writeX_check() call dev->driver->unregister()
> if they notice an error has occurred and then the driver doesn't even
> need to call read_pcix_errors().

It just won't really work for platforms with inexact MCEs for IO errors.
And even for those with exact MCEs it would probably be a nightmare
to implement (writing MCE handlers is extremly hard because you cannot
rely on any locking guarantees - even a printk can randomly deadlock)

For those the per pci_dev callback is the only realistic way.

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans