SubjectRe: [patch] 2.6.1-mm5 compile do not use shared extable code for ia64

Paul> David Mosberger writes:
>> How about the attached one? It will touch memory more when
>> moving an element down, but we're talking about exception tables
>> here, and I don't think module loading time would be affected in
>> any noticable fashion.

Paul> Hmmm... Stylistically I much prefer to pick up the new
Paul> element, move the others up and just drop the new element in
Paul> where it should go, rather than doing swap, swap, swap down
Paul> the list.

Sure, the latter can be done, too.

Paul> Also, I don't think there is enough code there to be worth the
Paul> bother of trying to abstract the generic routine so you can
Paul> plug in different compare and move-element routines. The
Paul> whole sort routine is only 16 lines of code, after all. Why
Paul> not just have an ia64-specific version of sort_extable?
Paul> That's what I thought you would do.

Because the Alpha needs exactly the same code.

--david