SubjectRe: RFC: Trailing blanks in source files
Rui Saraiva <rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> It seems that many files [1] in the Linux source have lines with
> trailing blank (space and tab) characters and some even have formfeed
> characters. Obviously these blank characters aren't necessary.
>
> I wonder if it is a waste of time to send patches that clean the
> source? Those patches will only remove those trailing blank characters and
> will be splitted by maintainer.

A lot of people will hate you for that because you'll break their external
patches without any good reason.

Don't do it.

I'm sure there are lots of other areas where good clean up can be done
without causing problems.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.061 / U:0.228 seconds]