    SubjectRe: Help port swsusp to ppc.
    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:12:53 +1100
    Benjamin Herrenschmidt <> wrote:

    > There is at least one reason I think your code cannot work: When
    > resuming, you are basically blowing up the MMU hash table and kernel
    > page tables when copying the pages. I'm hacking on an implementation
    > of pmdisk at the moment that switches the MMU off during the page
    > copy to avoid that problem. This isn't the best way though.

    I has hacking on swsusp2 to ppc for whole day. Here is the update

    First I can true suspend is ok, the data and CPU context are full write
    to disk. Then in resume, the copyback function works.

    How I know it?
    I'm adding printk before do_swsusp2_lowleve finished, I has printf
    the r1, That is the pointer to cpu context, it must right on resume,
    when resume it'll triger xmon, I d pm_sleep_storage, and check the
    pointer, I see that same things, So I true the copyback is ok, at least
    the cpu context memory has backed.

    very tire day.

    The current problem that is, In resume, It stop with all register
    (r0-r32) is zero. I don't known where I am. :)

    > I'll keep you informed of my progress
    I'm too. :)

    Hu Gang / Steve
    Linux Registered User 204016
    GPG Public Key:
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.022 / U:9.324 seconds]