SubjectRe: [OT] Confirmation Spam Blocking was: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Do a google search for "Mark V Shaney", and you should get some idea
> about this.

Oh, damn. I shouldn't have reminded myself. It's been so long since I did
this, that I had forgotten all about it, and I'm just happy that I'm
working from home, because if I'd been in an office, they'd have come to
take me away already, I was laughing so hysterically.

Some twisted soul put Mark V Shaney to work on a combination of Bible and
UNIX newsgroups. My favourite so far:

..

This is supported by Jesus's use of low cost eight bit micros and
small amounts of RAM. When you find salvation.

..

If God truly loves humankind then why does He create sinners? If
human is His creation, then who is the ultimate in all shells?

I know at one point Jesus said "no one may come to grips with the
cpio header blown away".

It speaks of the original ftpd.

I am the resident Unix and open systems bigot so much like the
resurrection of Jesus only.

..

...with a God who, Paul believes, is constantly concerned with the
current FFS implementation.

Nevertheless, I vote no because I believe we CAN build robust,
reliable, and secure systems with the Lord.

Mark V. Shaney

Hey, spammers, please start sending me those emails.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.079 / U:1.108 seconds]