    SubjectRe: [OT] Confirmation Spam Blocking was: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts
    On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 12:41, David Ford wrote:
    > No, actually you can a) reply to my -plain text- email and yes...this is
    > plain text that has been trimmed, b) wait because I'm involved in this
    > discussion, I go to my queue and pre-auth people involved.
    >
    > So it's fine for you to have filters of your choosing, but someone
    > else's filter's of their choosing are obnoxious...very social.
    >
    > viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk wrote:

    Well it's all very fun, but I expect the spammers to figure out
    challange and response soon enough.

    > >Well, isn't it just fscking great... So in order to send you an email
    > >I have to
    > > a) cut the URL from your reply
    > > b) suspend mutt(1)
    > > c) type lynx '' and paste the damn thing in there
    > > d) pray that your setup doesn't use Javashit or something equally
    > >obnoxious
    > >That, BTW, assumes that your reply will make it through the filters on
    > >my side. The most obvious ones take care of HTML mail. As in "Dave
    > >Null might care, I don't"...
    > >

    > -
    Brian Beattie | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
    beattie@beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or
    www.beattie-home.net | long term, available immediately.
    "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
    It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans