    Subjectparhelia doesn't work anymore with 2.6.1
    Hello,

    I know the Matrox Parhelia kernel driver ist partly a binary only
    driver, but I am not explicitly asking for support on that driver.

    My question is: what has changed in AGP code or similar between 2.4.24
    and 2.6.1 that can make my Parhelia unusable?

    With 2.6.1, I can't use X anymore. Both of my screens seem to be cloned
    upon each other (looks really freaky). Additionally, if I exit X, the
    system locks up hard. It seems that something is wrong with the memory
    mapping and that somehow the memory for the second screen gets mapped to
    the same area as the memory for the first screen.

    So, what could be the kernel change that affects the memory mapping of
    an AGP graphics card - and what would one do to fix that? I'll do it
    myself, hoping that it's in the open source portion of the driver (it
    most certainly is)

    Any ideas?

    Regards,
    Julien

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.018 / U:59.940 seconds]