SubjectRe: License question
From
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 03:14:39AM -0500, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> This is also known as the BSD 'advertisement' clause which was the
> main reason we could never use BSD code in the old days. Berkeley has
> since updated their license and removed this clause from it, however
> the license still poses a problem since it doesn't include an explicit
> patent license grant, but thats a completely different issue.

No, the advertising clause was something different: "All advertising
materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the
following acknowledgement: This product includes software developed by
the University of California, Berkeley and its contributors."

The clause you refer to, "Redistributions in binary form must reproduce
the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution", still remains in the modified BSD license which everyone
(except some original thinkers on this thread) agrees to be
GPL-compatible.

--Bruce Fields

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.071 / U:0.760 seconds]