SubjectBK 2.6.1 Kernel
Hi there,

System is a Thinkpad X31, Pentium-M with 512MB RAM.

Today I pulled the latest change-sets from
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5 and
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-test-2.6.1 and built that
kernel. (.config available on request).

This kernel does boot, ish... It gets as far as loading the ACPI modules
towards the end of the boot procedure, then locks the machine up
completely. Alt+SysRq+{s,u}, does not work, Alt+SysRq+b does reboot the
box, so not a complete hard hang with loss of interrupts etc.

There is no debug output as the machine hangs so suddenly. Side effect
of this hang is that the /var filesystem, reiserfs, gets halfly hosed.
Ordinary fsck fails and I get dropped to a shell to fix it manually. I
am using LVM2 and device-mapper for the filesystems, and my compiled
2.6.0 kernel still works, so I will use that for the time being.

If there is any patches for ACPI, I will happily try them.

Cheers,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@trudheim.com>
Trudheim Technology Limited

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.255 / U:0.024 seconds]