    SubjectRe: setjmp/longjmp hooks for kgdb 2.0.2
    On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:07:54PM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:

    > On Friday 16 Jan 2004 9:27 pm, Tom Rini wrote:
    > > On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:52:30AM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:
    > > > Hi Tom,
    > > >
    > > > It's nice to see someone working on integrating powerpc kgdb with
    > > > mainline kgdb. There are a lot of features (like thread lists, gdb
    > > > deatch-reattach, automodule loading) powerpc kgdb will inherit
    > > > automatically from common core.
    > > >
    > > > setjmp, longjmp isn't required. search_exception_tables take care of
    > > > invalid memory accesses by kgdb.
    > > >
    > > > In arch/ppc/mm/fault.c:do_page_fault, call bad_page_fault if
    > > > debugger_memerr_expected is non-zero instead of holding mmap_sem.
    > > >
    > > > bad_page_fault calls search_exception_tables at the begining. It takes
    > > > care of invalid memory addresses by kgdb as kgdb uses get_user, put_user
    > > > to access memory when the access can fail.
    > >
    > > OK, thanks.
    > >
    > > > For powerpc arch specific code (like entry.S) look at
    > > > http://kgdb.sourceforge.net/linux-2.4.23-kgdb-1.9.patch
    > > > It contains powerpc arch specific code for kgdb. I was never able to test
    > > > this code, so I don't know whether it works.
    > >
    > > It might work on some subset of machines, but the serial driver is still
    > > broken for SERIAL_IO_MEM machines (which there are a lot of) nor is the
    > > ppc 8xx (which is what I would assume TimeSys used) serial driver
    > > patched up.
    >
    > Yes. There is a lot of #ifdef CONFIG_KGDB code in their
    > arch/ppc/8260_io/uart.c If your ppc machine uses the same uart, please let me
    > know and I'll send you this file.

    Ah, that explains it.

    > Which test machine do you have?

    What I've got locally are a Motorola LoPEC and Motorola Sandpoint (both
    with ns1655x UARTs) and an Embedded Planet RPXLite (MPC8xx with a
    similar UART to the 8260 variant). But I'm doing this with my
    MontaVista hat on, so in the end I'm going to try and test it on
    everything that's not a powermac/chrp (more or less).

    --
    Tom Rini
    http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/