    SubjectRE: License question
    Date

    > > Is it possile to include in the kernel distro some code with this
    > > BSD-style license ?

    > Let me see

    Yes, in general. No, not this license.

    > > - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    > > notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers.

    Sorry, that's an "additional restriction" not permitted under the GPL.

    > > - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    > > notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimers in the
    > > documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

    I believe this is an additional restriction as well.

    > Mmmm... I think yes. Code in kernel must be licensed GPL. Above allow
    > sublicense so ok

    They allow sublicensing, but the sublicense can't remove the additional restriction. See section 6 of the GPL.

    To make this license GPL compatible, the two restrictions above would have to be modified to be identical to, or a proper subset of, section 2 clauses b and c of the GPL.

    DS

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.049 / U:59.292 seconds]