    Subject[PREVIEW] Announce: Software Suspend Core Patch 2.0 rc4.
    Hi all.

    Release candidate 4 is ready for you to test and now being uploaded to
    Sourceforge. It should be used with the following updated version
    specific patches, which are also now available:

    - 2.4.21 revision 1
    - 2.4.22 revision 1
    - 2.4.23 revision 5.
    - 2.4.24
    - 2.6.1 revision 1

    Changes since rc3A:

    - Fixed issues with preemption resulting in 'bad: scheduling while
    atomic' messages in 2.6.
    - Lots of cleanups and new documentation in the code.
    - Fixed broken automatic swapon/off support. Now also used in debug_info
    proc entry.
    - Preliminary SMP support for 2.4. 2.6 support is coming.
    - LZF compression (thanks to Marc Lehmann) and readahead support.
    Suspend and resume in half the time!
    - Fixed long standing oops when aborting during writing the image
    header. Thanks to Bernard Blackham. (I would have done it eventually!)
    - Serial port power management support (Thanks Michael Frank). MTRR support converted to PM
    support.
    - Many other small fixes and improvements.

    Further documentation is to be added and one minor quirk addressed, but codewise, I'm wondering if
    this might be 2.0 by another name.

    Nigel
    --
    My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
    LinuxFund.org.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:3.277 / U:0.020 seconds]