SubjectRe: [patch] 2.6.1-mm3 quiet down SMP boot messages

Jes Sorensen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to propose the following for 2.6.1-mm/2.6.2. On systems with a
>large number of CPUs the number of printk's flowing by for each CPU
>booting starts becoming a real console hog.
>
>The following patch eliminates a couple of them (already sent a patch to
>David for the ia64 specific ones) as well as changes the
>"Building zonelist : X" in "Built Y zonelists". IMHO it doesn't make any
>sense to print for each zonelist since it's run in a for loop running
>from 0 to Y-1 anyway.
>
>The patch nukes a few new printk's that were introduced with the
>scheduler changes to the NUMA code in -mm3, if these are still needed
>then I won't fight for that part of the patch.

Thanks, I forgot to remove those printks because I don't have a NUMA
handy I guess. They're just to make sure the sched domains where being
initialized properly. They can go.

I like the rest of the patch too.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.099 / U:0.132 seconds]