    SubjectRe: 2.6: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occured on CPU 0.
    On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:16:22PM +0100, wrote:

    > > Check your hardware CPU/MOBO/RAM. Overheating? Bad Ram? Cheap mobo?
    > > MCE should not be triggered under any circumstances unless it is a kernel
    > > bug(RARE, I believe the MCE code is simple) or you REALLY have a hardware
    > > problem. As said before, the bios is resetting your fsb to 100 as a
    > > fail-safe because something bad happened.
    > Well, my system did run very stable and in the meantime again does run very
    > stable on both, 2.4.21 and Windows XP...

    Neither of which check for the presence of these errors.

    > > > What the fuck is going on here?? As far as I figured out this has
    > > > something to do with MCE (CONFIG_X86_MCE=y, CONFIG_X86_MCE_NONFATAL=y)
    > > > (?).
    > >
    > > Leave it enabled, its a good thing to tell you when you have bad hardware.
    > > Its not a kernel problem, but a feature.
    > Well, it is a good thing to tell me, but it's not a good thing to make my
    > system auto-reset itself before reaching the BIOS afterwards...

    The non-fatal MCE code doesn't do anything like that. Any odd side-effects that you
    observed were very likely due to whatever caused the MCE in the first place.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.026 / U:9.664 seconds]