    SubjectRe: Cleanups for powernow-k8

    > I have a totally new driver, that I am hoping to release within about
    > a month. (I did target the end of the year, but I got distracted on
    > some other stuff). The new driver :
    > - uses ACPI to figure out the available p-states. I have seen a *lot*
    > of buggy BIOSs where the PSB/PST info is wrong or missing,
    > - uses ACPI to handle battery / mains power transitions,
    > and some other clean ups.
    > I would appreciate some advice on a question ... should I leave the old
    > non-ACPI capability there for those people who do not want to enable ACPI
    > in the kernel ? If so, is this a big ifdef, or is there a better way to do
    > it ? Or should I just say that it is dependent on ACPI, got to have
    > ACPI ?

    I have strange notebook here, and that one only works reasonably with
    APM (with ACPI: no network IRQs, random mouse problems, random
    shutdowns due to bad temperature readings).

    I'd suggest to leave old driver there (possibly let me clean it up
    ;-)))), and create new powernow-k8-acpi, or powernow-acpi or something
    like that.
    When do you have heart between your knees?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.020 / U:144.992 seconds]