SubjectRe: kernel 2.6: can't get 3c575/PCMCIA working - other PCMCIA card work
also sprach Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk> [2004.01.11.1602 +0100]:
> > Cause the driver gets loaded whether cardmgr is started or not. But in
> > any case, cardmgr does not configure the interface.
>
> cardmgr doesn't play a part when you've inserted a cardbus card - it
> doesn't even know that a card has been inserted into the slot.

So with 'PCMCIA' you didn't mean the user-space programs.

> The hotplug scripts are then supposed to load the driver as
> necessary (using /etc/modules.conf) which creates a network
> interface. This then causes the hotplug scripts to be invoked
> again, this time for the new network interface, which should
> configure it.

Nifty. I will RTFM and hopefully find my way around in this versatile
complexity.

Cheers,

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"when faced with a new problem, the wise algorithmist
will first attempt to classify it as np-complete.
this will avoid many tears and tantrums as
algorithm after algorithm fails."
-- g. niruta

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.341 / U:0.296 seconds]