SubjectRe: Q re /proc/bus/i2c
In a 2.6.x kernel, the sensors information is kept in sysfs. I haven't actually
tried installing lmsensors on my 2.6 system, but if I look in:
/sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-002d/
I can see files for all of the sensors on my system.

Check below in your last mail where it is complaining about "Algorithm:
Unavailable from sysfs".

--john

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:54:47 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Friday 09 January 2004 20:47, J. Ryan Earl wrote:
> >Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>Greetings;
> >>
> >>I'm still trying to make sensors (and gkrellm) work when booted to
> >> a 2.6.x kernel.
> >>
> >>The lm_sensors people say it should "just work", but so far no one
> >> has acknowledged that it doesn't work here because I don't have an
> >> "i2c" in my /proc/bus directory. Browsing all the
> >> sensors-detection stuff, in particular the bus detection script,
> >> this thing is hard coded to look for /proc/bus/i2c by default, or
> >> you can pass it an argument.
> >>
> >>I don't have a "/proc/bus/i2c". Passing this script the
> >> /sys/bus/i2c argument only gets an error return complaining that
> >> its a directory.
> >
> >You've run the "sensors-detect" script and have all the proper
> > modules loaded for your hardware? You should be able to just run
> > "sensors" to see if everything is working.
> >
> I've also got a bttv card, whose init seems to be done quite early in
> the bootup, and that requires I have i2c-dev in the kernel. So I
> might as well put it all in, the current situation. All in, or all
> out, it doesn't work. A run of sensors right now, returns this:
>
> [root@coyote lm_sensors-2.8.2]# sensors
> eeprom-i2c-1-51
> Adapter: SMBus Via Pro adapter at 5000
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-1-50
> Adapter: SMBus Via Pro adapter at 5000
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-57
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-56
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-55
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-54
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-53
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-52
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-51
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> eeprom-i2c-0-50
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
> Memory type: Unavailable
>
> Temic-i2c-0-61
> Adapter: bt878 #0 [sw]
> Algorithm: Unavailable from sysfs
>
> Does this give a clue I'm too clueless to see?
>
> >-ryan
>
> --
> [...]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.062 / U:0.652 seconds]