    SubjectRe: Laptops & CPU frequency
    On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 21:56, jlnance@unity.ncsu.edu wrote:

    > The frequency displayed in /proc/cpuinfo does not change if the AC
    > adapter is toggled on or off after the machine has booted. It stays
    > in the same mode as it was booted into. I am curious if this is because
    > the CPU frequency really is not changing, or if it is because the
    > number in /proc/cpuinfo is only calculated at boot.

    The MHz value in /proc/cpuinfo should be updated as the CPU speed
    changes - that is, it is not calculated just at boot, but it is updated
    as the speed actually changes.

    You probably have some issue in your power management scripts - Fedora
    should scale the CPU speed back as soon as you remove AC power, not just
    at boot if not on AC.

    Robert Love

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.019 / U:0.104 seconds]