SubjectRe: Q re /proc/bus/i2c
Gene Heskett wrote:

>>Even with 2.6, you need to install the lm-sensors package, but not
>>the i2c package as the kernel already has everything needed in it.
>>The lm-sensors packages contains drivers for all the sensor chips.
>>After you get lm-sensors installed on your current kernel, run
>>sensors-detect to get the proper modules loaded for your hardware.
>>
>>-ryan
>>

>Reread the README in lm_sensors-2.8.2. I've followed that, except
>that a make user_install apparently only goes thru the motions
>without reporting any errors.
>
>Been there, done that, a dozen times maybe?

OK, I'm going to try this on 2.6. The sensor I use isn't in the kernel:
asb100 (Asus's ASIC).

I know for a fact the 2.6 doesn't support nearly as many sensors as the
lm-sensors package, but I never tried getting it all setup on 2.6 since
2.6 hasn't been stable enough for what I needed it for. I thought that
lm-sensors merely used the in-kernel i2c interface but provided it's own
driver modules. I realize that the documentation says to build only the
user utilities, but I thought that was just an error. I let portage
take care of all the details.

-ryan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.117 / U:0.060 seconds]